mission statementIn an effort to inspire South Carolinians to remember and to learn from the Holocaust, and as a response to the creation of the Columbia Holocaust Memorial Monument, the Columbia Holocaust Education Commission is dedicated to promoting awareness of the Monument and fostering Holocaust education throughout South Carolina.
The Holocaust Remembered Exhibit Catalogue
- The recently published catalogue is a perfect accompaniment to the Holocaust Remembered Exhibit. It is a 40 page catalogue filled with images and stories of South Carolina Survivors and Liberators. The catalogue has each of the 24 panels of the exhibit replicated,comments by the creators of the the exhibit , explanation of the various themes of the exhibit and National and Statewide Resources for Holocaust Education. We invite you to add this to your personal collection or school library. The Columbia Holocaust Education Commission is offering this catalogue for a minimum donation of $18.
New Resource: SC Voices: Lessons from the Holocaust
- We have added a new link on our resource page titled "Knowitall.org | SC Voices: Lessons from the Holocaust". Here you view interviews of South Carolinians who survived the Holocaust and those who liberated the concentration camps or witnessed the atrocities that took place.
- To view the link please head over to our resource page or click here.
holocaust remembered exhibit
- Holocaust Remembered is an unique Holocaust Exhibit that tells the personal stories of SC Survivors and Liberators. This exhibit was created to honor the memories of the survivors, liberators and all victims of the Holocaust. The lesson in teaching the Holocaust is to remember…
- A portable exhibit is now available for loan. Click Here to download the form.